Saturday, July 7, 2007

http://www.lakepirateforums.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=10290/start=0.html

For those of you who don't know, we have been recieving an inardinate amount of rainfall lately which has led to severe flooding around our dear Texas. The link above will take you to a web site that shows arial photos of Lake Texoma, about 1 mile form whre I live, and other lakes in the area.

Should give you and idea of the terrain around the area.

Our house came within two inches of flooding, see photo



We have been getting several inches of rain each day most of it coming in one or two hour bursts. When I say several inches I am talking 5 to 10 inches in one or tow hours. Totally crazy.

My lawn is about 2 feet high as it has been too wet to mow. I am heading to Michigan this week and so my lawn will be really crappy when I get back and I will take about 7 hours to mow, assuming it dries out.

Goodnight yall I gotta go!

4 comments:

a.k.a. Brady said...

Don't worry, that little plastic doohicky is keeping the waters at bay.

And don't cut the lawn, just post a sign that says get picture taken with swamp creature only five dollars!

desertgirl said...

Good idea! I'd like a picture with the swamp creature!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say...Lake Allen is back in almost all of it's previous glory. Saw Noah floating down the street earlier...take heed...

Anonymous said...

eportfolio violated sankara aoir profilewhat worrying preempted inevitable upgrades cabinets hierarchical
lolikneri havaqatsu