Friday, December 28, 2007

Speaking of Hidden Agenda's

I just watched "THe Last Mimsy" with my children. To say this movie sucked is an understatement.

Just some background, two kids find some "toys" on the beach near Seattle. These toys have special powers and one, a stuffed rabbit, can talk. Well talk isn't really what it does, it sounds like a cross between Charlie Brown's teacher and the little Robot on Buck Rogers. In essence these toys give the kids special ability's and of course the big bad government gets involved.

In the end we find out that this whole movie was really about saving the environment and how the "typical alien" is really just a human in a suit designed to protect humans from the toxic environment.

Honestly I don't know why I continued to sit through this movie. It sucked, it was not even halfway creative, the story line was atrocious, and talk about campy, it should win an award!

I just love how movie folk feel the need to broadcast their environmental views on the big screen in the form of children's movies. Every children's movie I see lately has the environment as it's main subject, thinly veiled in some cutesy poopsie kids stuff.

What ever happened to Uncle Remus?

2 comments:

a.k.a. Brady said...

Muwap mwah mwah mwah mwah, biddy biddy biddy.

I might rent it just to hear the stupid rabbit!

Anonymous said...

oh yes rent it! It is so bad, I almost went insane watching it. I had to force myself to stay on the couch!